MIX 101.5 WRAL-FM
NO PURCHASE OR MOBILE DEVICE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
OPEN TO PERMANENT LEGAL U.S. RESIDENTS WHO ARE AT LEAST 18 YEARS. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW. ALL FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL REGULATIONS APPLY.
- HOW TO ENTER. Entries will be accepted each weekday during the designated “Secret Celebrity” hours between 8:00am ET on Tuesday, June 1, 2021 and 4:59pm ET on Friday, August 20, 2021 (the “Promotion Period”).
On-Air Entry Method: Throughout the Promotion Period, MIX 101.5 will announce a keyword at approximately 8:05am, 9:05am, 1:05pm and 4:05pm each weekday along with instructions to text that word of the day to (919) 860-1015. All text entries with the correct word will be entered into that hour’s particular drawing and only one (1) valid entry is allowed per hour. Entries must be received within 10 minutes of the initial announcement of the keyword to be eligible for that hour’s drawing. MIX 101.5 will then randomly select a participant to guess the “Secret Celebrity”. Texts placed to a phone number other than (919) 860-1015 are not eligible to win.
Standard Text Messaging Rates May Apply
On-line Method: During the Promotion Period, enter on-line at wralfm.com. Entry must include all required information, (including the keyword, your name, email address, and phone number). Only one (1) entry per person/household permitted per hour. Sponsor is not responsible for entries not received due to e-mailing delays or other difficulties due to the mailing system. The Released Parties (as defined below) are not responsible for lost, late, undeliverable, illegible, damaged, stolen, garbled, delayed, misdirected, mutilated, or incomplete entries or communications, regardless of cause. Entries in excess of the above stated limit will be declared ineligible.
- SPONSOR. The sponsor of this promotion is WRAL-FM, LLC d/b/a MIX 101.5, 919 Fix My AC and Capitol Broadcasting Company, Inc. (“Sponsor”).
- ELIGIBILITY. The promotion is open only to permanent, legal U.S. residents 18 years of age as of June 1, 2021, and who reside in the WRAL-FM total service area (TSA), as defined by Arbitron. Employees of Sponsor and its respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, agents, employees, advertising and promotion agencies and members of their immediate families (spouses, parents, children, and siblings and their spouses) are not eligible. Persons who have won a prize valued over $100 in any promotion sponsored by Sponsor in the last 12 months are ineligible to win this promotion. Only one (1) entry per person/household permitted per day for the entire Promotion Period. By submitting an entry to this promotion, the entrant acknowledges and agrees (a) to all of these Official Rules, and (b) to be bound by all decisions of Sponsor, whose decisions are binding and final.
- PRIZE(S) AND ODDS.
- Beginning Tuesday, June 1, 20201 the jackpot will start with a $250 cash prize at 8:05am. Total prize will grow by increments of $50 each time the “Secret Celebrity” is guessed incorrectly.
- In the event that the Secret Celebrity is guessed correctly, the prize will reset to $250 and a new Secret Celebrity will be introduced. This will happen until Friday, July 23, 2021
- Beginning Monday, July 26, 20201 the jackpot will start with a $500 cash prize at 8:05am. Total prize will grow by increments of $50 each time the “Secret Celebrity” is guessed incorrectly.
- In the event that the Secret Celebrity is guessed correctly, the prize will reset to $500 and a new Secret Celebrity will be introduced. This will happen until the promotion ends.
Each designated hourly winner will be randomly selected from all eligible entries received during the Promotion Period. Selection for each hourly winner will take place no sooner than ten (10) minutes after the keyword has been announced to the public, but no later than twenty (20) minutes after. (For example: Tuesday, June 1, 2021 keyword is given at 8:05am. Potential winner will be selected no sooner than 8:15am the same day, and no later than 8:25am and so forth for each designated contesting hour.) The winner will be notified by phone call to the number the text was received from and instructed regarding how to participate and potentially obtain the prize.
- Participant will hear an audio clip of a pre-determined Secret Celebrity. The participant will then have to identify and name the Secret Celebrity in order to win the prize. If the participant guesses incorrectly, an additional $50 will be added to the prize.
Prize is non-transferable and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. The number of eligible entries received during the Promotion Period will determine the odds of winning the prize. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the prize for one of equal or greater value if the designated prize should become unavailable for any reason. Winner is responsible for all taxes and fees associated with the receipt and/or use of the prize. Winner must sign and return to Sponsor an affidavit of eligibility and liability and publicity release, as well as IRS form W-9: Request for Taxpayer Identification Number and Certification for any prize over $600.00 in total value. If any prize notification is undeliverable, or in the event of non-compliance with any of these requirements, the prize will be forfeited.
- RELEASE. By entering this promotion, entrants agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, its prize suppliers, affiliates, subsidiaries, and each of such company’s officers, directors, employees, and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in this promotion or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
- PUBLICITY. Except where prohibited, participation in this promotion constitutes a winner’s consent to Sponsor’s and its agents’ use of winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or hometown and state for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration.
- GENERAL CONDITIONS. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the promotion, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the promotion, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the promotion or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Sponsor reserves the right to change the Official Rules at any time to ensure the fair administration of the promotion and compliance with applicable laws.
- LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY. The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the promotion; (2) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the promotion; (3) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the promotion or the processing of entries; or (4) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the promotion or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
- DISPUTES. Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this promotion or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Eastern District of North Carolina or the appropriate North Carolina State Court located in Wake County, North Carolina; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this promotion, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of North Carolina without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of North Carolina or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of North Carolina.
- WINNER LIST. Winner list requests will only be accepted after the Promotion Period and no later than September 30, 2021. For a copy of the winner list, send an email with subject line “MIX Secret Celebrity” to email@example.com