Weekdays 5:30am – 10:00am
Weekdays 10:00am – 3:00pm
MIX 101.5, WRAL-FM, WRALFM.COM
for On-Air and Online Sweepstakes and Contests
THESE ARE GENERIC RULES FOR ALL ON-AIR AND ONLINE SWEEPSTAKES AND CONTESTS. SCROLL DOWN THE PAGE FOR SPECIFIC RULES PERTAINING TO SPECIFIC SWEEPSTAKES AND CONTESTS. TO THE EXTENT THERE IS A CONFLICT BETWEEN THESE GENERIC RULES AND THE SPECIFIC RULES FOR A PARTICULAR CONTEST OR SWEEPSTAKES, THE SPECIFIC RULES WILL APPLY.
VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW. ALL FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL REGULATIONS APPLY.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER ANY SWEEPSTAKES. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. HOW TO ENTER. Please see the specific rules for a contest or sweepstakes for instructions on how to enter.
2. SPONSOR. The sponsor of a contest or sweepstakes is WRAL FM, Inc., d/b/a MIX 101.5 and wralfm.com (“Sponsor”).
3. ELIGIBILITY. Contests and sweepstakes are open only to permanent, legal U.S. residents 18 years of age as of the start of the contest or sweepstakes, and who reside in North Carolina or Mecklenburg County, Virginia. Employees of Sponsor and its respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, agents, employees, advertising and promotion agencies and members of their immediate families (spouses, parents, children, and siblings and their spouses) are not eligible. Unless otherwise stated in the specific rules for a contest or sweepstakes, entrants (a) are eligible to win a prize only once within a thirty-day period, and (b) may not enter a contest or sweepstakes more than once. By submitting an entry to a contest or sweepstakes, the entrant acknowledges and agrees (a) to all of these Official Rules, and (b) to be bound by all decisions of Sponsor, whose decisions are binding and final.
4. PRIZE(S) AND ODDS. The method of choosing winner(s), the description of prize(s), and the odds of winning are outlined in the specific rules for that contest or sweepstakes. The winner(s) will be notified by email or telephone using the contact information provided on the entry form and will be instructed regarding how to claim and obtain the prize. Prize is non-transferable and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the prize for one of equal or greater value if the designated prize should become unavailable for any reason. Winner is responsible for all taxes and fees associated with the receipt and/or use of the prize. Winner must sign and return to Sponsor an affidavit of eligibility and liability and publicity release, as well as IRS form W-9: Request for Taxpayer Identification Number and Certification for any prize over $600.00 in total value. If any prize notification is undeliverable, or in the event of non-compliance with any of these requirements, the prize will be forfeited, and an alternate winner may be selected from the remaining eligible entries. All unclaimed prizes will be forfeited after thirty (30) days. Any winner who forfeits a prize is not eligible to win another contest or sweepstakes sponsored by Sponsor for thirty (30) days.
5. RELEASE. By entering a contest or sweepstakes, entrants agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, its prize suppliers, affiliates, subsidiaries, and each of such company’s officers, directors, employees, and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in this contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. By checking the relevant box or selection on the entry form, entrants agree that Sponsor may contact them via email with information, special content or features. An entrant may discontinue receiving such materials at any time by using the unsubscribe procedures contained in the email message.
6. PUBLICITY. Except where prohibited, participation in a contest or sweepstakes constitutes a winner’s consent to Sponsor’s and its agents’ use of any and all materials submitted with an entry, including winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or hometown and state for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration.
7. GENERAL CONDITIONS. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify a contest or sweepstakes, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the contest or sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of a contest or sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Sponsor reserves the right to change the Official Rules at any time to ensure the fair administration of the contest or sweepstakes and compliance with applicable laws.
8. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY. The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in a contest or sweepstakes; (2) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process; (3) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of a contest or sweepstakes or the processing of entries; or (4) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in a contest or sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
9. DISPUTES. Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with a contest or sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Eastern District of North Carolina or the appropriate North Carolina State Court located in Wake County, North Carolina; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this contest, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of North Carolina without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of North Carolina or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of North Carolina.
10. WINNER LIST. For a copy of the winner list for a particular contest or sweepstakes see specific rules for details. If no instructions are provided, send an email with the name of the contest or sweepstakes in the subject line to email@example.com within thirty (30) days of the end of the contest or sweepstakes.